Blizzard said it would have been a "balance patch" but really, the only balance-related changes are these:
- Build time increased from 33 to 38.
- Warp Gate cooldown increased from 23 to 28.
- Ground damage decreased from 10 to 8.
- Build time increased from 30 to 35.
- Build time increased from 40 to 45.
- Siege Tank
- Siege mode damage changed from 50 to 35 (+15 armored).
- Upgrade damage changed from +5 to +3 (+2 armored).
- Ram ability removed. Ultralisk will now use normal attack against buildings.
- Damage decreased from 15 (+25 armored) to 15 (+20 armored).
- Desert Oasis
- Destructible Rocks have been added to make natural expansions easier to protect.
- Center Xel'Naga Tower area has been narrowed.
The only other change i 100% agree with is the siege tanks nerf.
So i am pretty much disappointed about this patch which seems nearly useless to me, the main issue in just one: When fighting against a Zerg opponent Protoss and Terrans can just mass units and go with a frontal attack to the Zerg's main base. As a zerg you can have an army of comparable dimension (population-wise) formed by Roaches and Hydralisks, flank them with Zerglings and ambush them with burrowed Banelings but you'll be defeated if you don't have an army at least the double of your enemy's one, and the double won't be enough if it is an MMM (Marauders, Marines and Medivacs) which can stimpack its way to your base killing your units before they can even attack.
One thing i find ridicolous is zergs don't have units that cost only 1 population aside from Zerglings. The zerg race is also referred to as "The Swarm" and they are supposed to...swarm, to have huge armyes, to always outnumber the enemy, to be focussed on quantity more than on quality but it is impossible now having expensive units all with 2+ population cost.
Well, i guess this ends my rant against this patch, i trust Blizzard will set things right with time but i just hope it won't get too much :<